“Who can find a virtuous wife? For her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.” Proverbs 31:10
So how in the world can I be this virtuous woman of God? This is a question I ask myself every morning when I step out of bed. That is the problem right there! I am asking myself when I should be asking God during those talks that we are supposed to be having every morning! The scriptures are VERY clear when it comes to how we should treat our husbands and care for our families. If you are not sure what our role entails, I will give you the shortened version of what this woman should be:
- She is righteous.
- She is worth more than rubies and is intelligent.
- She is trustworthy and always does the right thing.
- She comforts, praises, and always encourages her husband.
- She works diligently in her household (not lazy and always find things to do for her family).
- She rises before her family to spend time with God. -Sometimes it is so hard to get up before its really time to in the morning!
- She feeds her household (cooks healthy meals).
- She tries to find ways to contribute (old testament-from her home, today- she may or may not leave the home to work). – This is the reason I started my business Ki’s Sweets and finding other little ways to make money.
- She exercises!
- She is always willing to help those in need.
- She makes sure her family is clothed (we shouldn’t have any issues shopping lol).
- She teaches and speaks wisdom.
- She is kind.
- She fears the Lord!
Now that you know what is required to be a virtuous woman, how do you plan to incorporate them into your daily lives? God wants us to be the best that we can be. He gives us all the tools that we need to succeed. Honestly, sometimes I struggle with using them. How about you? It is time to step out, do the unthinkable, and exercise our faith!
Until next time…….