*This website may contain affiliate links, meaning that I can earn an affiliate fee on some of the products or services shared with no additional costs to you. I will only share products or services I have used, tried, and continue to stand by before sharing them with my valued readers.
Yay!!! I am finally doing my very first curriculum reveal and I am uber excited about it. I can’t believe that this is already my third year homeschooling! I love it so much that I definitely won’t be sending our kiddos back to regular school. You are probably wondering why I am doing a reveal so late. Especially, since most schools started in September and it’s already two weeks into October. Well, that is one of the joys of homeschooling! I do it on my own terms and my own schedule.
Towards the end of last year, we decided to purchase a home. We fell a little behind in our school work while we were trying to get things together for our move. Let’s get one thing straight, learning never stops! We just stopped following the curriculum. So I decided that when we started school this year the kids would just pick up where they left off. Another plus about homeschooling, our kids can actually finish the books they were using before moving on to new material. Now that they are finally finishing up, I knew that I had to get some new curriculum for them.
Before I jump into what we are using, I want to share that Monarch has a free 30-day trial. I took full advantage of the trial for both Xavier and Jayden. However, my boys don’t have the same learning styles and Monarch wasn’t best suited for my kinesthetic learner. Ok, now for the moment you’ve all been waiting for….
Xavier- 10th Grade
1. Morning Devotion- Schoolhouse Teachers (makes devotion fun and engaging for all ages)
2. Monarch (Alpha & Omega Publications)- Monarch covers all of his main subjects. He uses it for Bible, Math, History, Science, and Language Arts.
3. Spanish- We are checking out a program called Memrise. They have over 188 languages so check them out! We will be sure to review it for you guys as well!
4. Electives- Schoolhouse Teachers- Internet Entrepreneurship for teens, Filmmaking
Jayden- 7th grade
1. Morning Devotion- Schoolhouse Teachers
2. Easy Peasy– this is a free curriculum that we actually used our first year homeschooling. This year I am using it again for science and history because they have tons of hands-on activities.
3. Math- Teaching Textbooks. We have decided to finally give teaching textbooks a try and he is so excited! We will definitely be reviewing it later in the year.
4. Language Arts (grammar, reading, and writing)- Spectrum! I actually love these books! They give lessons, practices, reviews, and tests! All of that for under $10 each subject!
5. Italian- He is also trying out Memrise.
Arianna- 2nd Grade
1. Morning Devotion- Bible stories on the Bible app
2. Easy Peasy– for science, history, and reading (we do a lot of reading).
3. Math- Math U See (I decided to stick with it for her).
4. Language Arts (grammar, reading, writing)- I am also using Spectrum books for her.
5. Phonics and Spelling– Horizons (by Alpha & Omega Publications).
1. Tons of free play- This is first and foremost.
4. Letter and number recognition
As a family, we are doing the Apologia Who is God Series! Have you tried it? Also, Schoolhouse Teachers is having a harvest sale right now that ends October 31st! Schoolhouse Teachers is an inexpensive curriculum that has all subjects as well as electives and much more. You can use it as your primary curriculum or as a supplement.
If you want to see some of these items in an unboxing feel free to watch my family Youtube channel. What curriculum do you absolutely love? I would love to hear them in the comments below! As always, thanks so much for reading!
Until next time…….Lady Ki