How do you deal with your five children ALL day every day? Being a stay at home, homeschooling mom definitely isn’t for the faint at heart. It takes the three P’s……Persistence, patience, prayer and a whole lotta prayer lol. Oh and coffee every morning before my team rises. They usually wake in a specific order every morning which is actually quite funny. First, down comes Raelynn, usually crashing my morning worship time. Then, Xavier, Arianna, Jayden, and SJ. So again, how do I do it? I have a morning routine! Even better than that is my evening routine which I will share in another post. So here it goes!
1. Rise Early! At least two hours before the kids start rolling out of bed. Which means 6-6:30 am (Raelynn gets up about 8-8:30).
2. Get dressed and ready for my day. Most days that consists of leggings or jeans and an oversized t-shirt.
3. Turn on some worship music to draw my mind in. This helps me not feel overwhelmed or anxious about my day. I always feel like I have so much to do.
4. Yay, my coffee is ready! Pour it (post the pour on Instagram lol). Drink some!
5. Prayer time and daily devotions.
6. Turn on some Christian instrumentals and get to work on my blog and/or vlog. I’ve noticed that instrumentals help me think and focus better on my writing. It also keeps me from being easily distracted.
7. Check my emails, social media accounts, planner, and make sure I have all lesson plans ready to go for the day.
8. Make some breakfast and wake the kiddos up! I usually wake them at 9 am.
9. If it is a laundry day, I will then start my laundry while the kids are eating.
10. Family Bible time before lessons.
Well, there you have it! I am able to keep it together because I create that special alone time in the morning to keep me from going insane throughout the day. Not only that, I make sure that my evening’s end in a positive way to set me up for a successful morning. Who wants to wake up to a messy house or dishes in the sink? Definitely not me! That would be the worst way for me to start my day. I have also noticed that I crush my goals when I stick to my morning routine. How do you start your day? What does your morning routine look like? I would love to hear all about it in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
Until next time….. Lady Ki