As of January 22nd, our Daniel fast officially came to an end. During our fast, I made a nice variety of nutritious meals. Today, I plan on sharing some of our favorites with you. Not every meal I made was amazing. I tried to make tofu the other day….epic fail lol! To my surprise, Arianna loved it but the rest of us thought it was gross. I probably won’t attempt it again until our next fast. Did Shaun love every dish that I made? Nope. But I’m pretty sure that he loved the majority of them. If he didn’t, we wouldn’t be incorporating 2-3 vegan meals per week in our diet going forward. Yes, that’s right, I said it. My meat loving husband is actually enjoying this healthier lifestyle that we have been living. Here are some of our favorite vegan meals:
1. Vegetable Soup– So filling and delicious. Now that we are no longer fasting, I serve the soup with a side of Italian or ciabatta bread. Soooooo yummy.
2. Kale, Cannellini, and Farro Stew– OMG! I probably should have made this number one because it is so good! It doesn’t need bread on the side or anything. Just eat it straight as is. Don’t forget to add extra kale! I made a video on my family Youtube channel. Check it out and don’t forget to subscribe!
3. Killer Vegan Chili– I want this again so bad that I am actually counting down the days on my planner. Eat with some rice, some corn chips, or both! You will be shocked that this chili is vegan. I know I was! It tastes that good!
4. Vegetable Lo Mein– The kids and I love this meal! Shaun not so much. I did make a couple of changes. I omitted the sugar and I used Japanese soba noodles instead of lo mein noodles. The noodles that I used were made out of buckwheat. I also added extra soy sauce and siracha. This is the time when you go crazy and add all the veggies that you can get your hands on lol. I added broccoli, red peppers, snow peas, mushrooms, carrots, onions, and spinach.
5. Curried chickpeas and potatoes– I had absolutely no idea a meal that I love with meat would taste just as great without it. I usually make curried chicken and potatoes and since I found the perfect recipe I stuck with it. The only difference is that I left the chicken out and added the chickpeas towards the end. Soooooo good! My family killed it! I served it with brown rice, whole grain roti (Shaun made it), and plantains (he made that too).
I hope that you all enjoy the meals I’ve shared with you! Do you have any vegan meals that you love? Please share them! We love to try new things. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to check out and subscribe to our Youtube channel!
Until next time…… Ki